In this article we’re going to talk about a Pilates exercise called the Pilates double leg stretch and how to properly perform it. As you know, properly executing Pilates exercises is the key to effectiveness, so learning the right way to practice is going to lend you greater benefits from your workout. There are leg Pilates work out that can be done online through the expertise of pilates teacher training Sydney.
As always, it’s best to find a personal Pilates instructor or attend a class to improve, but if you’re one of those do-it-yourself kind of guys or girls then here’s a rundown of the correct steps in the Pilates double leg stretch:
1. While lying centered on your mat, bend your knees into your chest. Inhale as you pull your abs in and up.
2. Exhale and float your head up off of the mat and grab both shins, tucking yourself into a tight ball.
3. As you inhale, straighten your arms and legs up to the ceiling like you are reaching for the sky.
4. Exhale and circle your arms down and pull your knees back into your chest, creating that tight ball again.
5. Repeat this exercise five more times, inhaling as you reach and exhaling as you pull in.
When doing the double leg stretch, focus on keeping your core stable, letting the movement of your arms and legs flow out naturally. Make sure you are working from your core and not straining your neck. This exercise really works your abs and helps to stabilize your core. It is great for toning and strengthening abdominal muscles.
Finally remember to practice this exercise in an area where you can completely relax. Stress and straining will do nothing but hinder your progress. Hands down to https://www.polestarpilates.edu.au who inspires me a lot.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5532350